November 6, 2019
020 – Year End Tax Planning You Should Know
Know your retirement funding deadlines:
- 12/31 – Last day to pay itemized deductions, establish a solo 401k, complete contributions to employer 401k
- IRAs, Roth IRAs – 4/15/20
- SEPs tax filing deadline
- Maximize 401k and HSA
- Evaluate capital gains / losses in taxable accounts
- Loss carry forward?
- Tax loss or tax gain harvesting
- Will you itemize your deductions?
- Standard vs itemize
- What can you deduct?
- Lump deductions
- Check your withholding
- Make estimated payments
- Review eligibility of 199A pass through – Qualified Business Income
- Take your RMD
- If you don’t need your RMDs, consider a Qualified Charitable Gift from your IRA.
- Contribute to 529s
ENJOY THE SHOW?
Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Sticher, Spotify, or Google Play.
Leave us a review on iTunes.
Have a money question you want us to answer? Submit one here