December 4, 2019
023 – How to Balance Short-Term vs Long-Term Goals
- Understand the purpose of what you’re saving for
- Know your short to medium term goals
- Emergency Fund
- Home purchase fund
- Other goals? Travel, new car, etc…
- Start with the short-term goals. Can you save enough to these goals and still save enough for your retirement needs? If so great. If not then something needs to give.
- General guidelines:
- If you have a 401k match, take it.
- Make sure you have an emergency fund
ENJOY THE SHOW?
Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Sticher, Spotify, or Google Play.
Leave us a review on iTunes.
Have a money question you want us to answer? Submit one here